LAST UPDATED: 1/2/2022
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In providing our Services, we and our service providers may collect the following information from you:
- Information submitted by you when you register, such as email address, password, your child’s age range, and a nick-name for your child’s profile
- Information that you provide in public forums or otherwise voluntarily submit through our product features.
We and our service providers may also collect information from you as you use our Services, including:
Why our browsers collect information?
- When you use the AR magic book, in order to ensure your normal use of the function of taking a photo with the DIY model in the magic coloring, we will obtain your camera permission after your express consent.
- Camera – take a picture and video, operate AR mode.
- Audio – record audio so that the child can read the book to themselves
- Storage permission – so the images and videos you take can be saved on your local device
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, Geolocation, Device type (Windows or Macintosh, Android, IOS), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to help ensure that the Services function properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also collect course location (city and country)
- By aggregating information: Aggregated information does not identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate the reading preferences of kids in a particular age).
1.2 HOW TO MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We do not save or take personal information
- Photos taken in the app are saved locally on their device, we do not store photos in our server.
- Photos taken and saved in the personal area can be deleted manually
- Delete personal information – we have a defined process with our support team, all they need to do is contact our support and let us know.
- We use TrueDepth API technologies (ARKit) to create AR effects within the App. The only use of this information is to provide valuable user features. None of the information collected by the TrueDepth API ever leaves the user’s device. The depth data is used for real time streaming of AR features, it is not saved or stored in any place, not sent shared. We do not share information with third parties, do not store or process in any other way the data which we accessed and used via TrueDepth API. For more information about TrueDepth API technologies you may visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208108
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use these types of information in the following ways: 1) To provide you with the Bookful Service and any features or services you might request (e.g., Yearly subscription); 2) To send you updates about the Bookful Service (including any updates on product features or policies); 3) To communicate with you about purchases or your account; 4) To provide you with personally relevant Content or product features; 5) To send you feedback on your child’s reading progress 6) For gathering anonymous aggregate information from all our users to improve the products and services offered through the Bookful Service.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Your information may be disclosed:
- To our service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology, and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose information that does not identify or otherwise directly relate to an individual for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. For example, we may share aggregated information publicly to demonstrate growth trends related to the usage of the Bookful Service in certain areas.
4. TRANSPARENCY AND CONTROLS
We understand and respect your privacy concerns at Bookful. Accordingly, we provide you with the ability to make certain choices related to our collection, use, and sharing of your information. These choices may include:
- You may edit or delete information in your user account
- You may make choices regarding subscriptions, updates, and product alerts
- You may tell us if you want to receive offers and promotions from us and/or third parties
- You may request access to the personal information that we have collected on your account, via support and ask us to change or delete it.
- When you give permission on the app to access the camera, it is only for the purpose of creating the AR experience and to enable you to take selfies and videos of your AR experience. All media whether images, video, or audio is stored in the app and exclusively on your device. We do not have access to any images, video, audio recording, or otherwise on your device.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Bookful is a kids app therefore we cannot collect any PSI from our users. No matter their age. All full names, email addresses, and credit card billing information must be from a parent or guardian. Bookful is a kid-safe app and therefore all personal information should be managed by a parent behind a parent gate. We encourage parents to take an active role in their children’s activities and interests on their devices. When registering your child with the Bookful Service, we may ask a series of general questions including your child’s age range, and interests. This information is used to customize content to your child’s age and interests. We do not use or disclose this information for any other purpose except to provide you with quality service. Any data that is shared is done so on an anonymous, aggregate basis among all users or is related to communicating reading behavior patterns to publishers.
6. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
- No third-party services (SDKs) and/or advertisements are used.
In circumstances where your personal information is collected, we use reasonable procedural and digital security measures that are designed to help protect against loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of information and data, such as password protection and secure socket layer. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe the security of your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below
9. CONTACT US
If you would like to opt-out of marketing communications you are welcome to Unsubscribe from Bookful you can do so by email with questions or feedback, please contact us here.
Bookful is owned and operated by Inception VR Inc, 245 5th Avenue, New York NY 10016.