When you are using the Services we may collect information about you in two ways: information we collect automatically and information we collect from third parties.
- Information collected automatically –
- Information about your use of our Services, your interaction with us and with other users, device information such as operating system and browser type and device identifiers.
- Computer, mobile device and connection information such as your IP address, the URL accessed, web log information and mobile device identifier.
- Information from Third Parties –
- Information from third party sites or apps connected to your account such as social media profile information including nickname, device identification, operating system, access token, email address, full name, profile picture, gender, user ID, date of birth, list of friends, information from advertisers
Use of Information
We use information for the following general purposes: to fulfill our contract with you, to fulfill your requests for our products and Services and to improve our Services and contact you.
Here are the ways we may use personal information you provide us:
- To allow you to register for the Services and to administer and process the registration.
- To communicate with you about our products, Services and related issues.
- To evaluate the quality of our products and Services, and to enhance your experience on our site/application.
- To maintain and administer our Services and comply with our legal or internal obligations and policies.
- To troubleshoot problems with your account.
- To provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- To provide you with location based services (such as advertising and other personalized content).
- To prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity thefts and any other misuse of the Services and any security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- To improve and optimize the Services provided to you, including the development of new tools and features.
- To charge you any fees and provide you with a receipt or resolve billing issues associated with your account.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technology
We use “cookies” and other similar technologies such as pixel tags, hardware-based device identifiers, operating system-based identifiers, web beacons, Apple Identifier for Advertisers (“IDFA”) and Google Advertising Identity (“GAID”). These technologies send small data files to your device each time you visit our website or enter the Services, unique to your user account, your browser or device to record log data, identify your devices and preferences for functionality of the Services, advertising and analytics. We use several types of cookies:
- “Session” cookies (i.e., cookies that are temporary cookie files that last until you close your browser or exit the Services). Once you end your session by closing your browser or exiting the Services, all session cookies are deleted.
- “Persistent” cookies (i.e., cookies that remain on your device until you or your browser deletes them, or for the period set in the specific cookie). Such cookies are activated each time you use the Services or visit our website.
Cookies are required for different functions of our Services:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these cookies are essential in order for us to provide you with the Services. These cookies only collect information that is required for you to use our website or App, and not for other purposes such as marketing or users’ use of our Services.
- Analytical cookies – these cookies assist us to improve the Services by analyzing how the Services are used by you and other users for development of future features and maintenance.
- Advertisement cookies – these cookies provide personalized content and ads while using the Services.
You are free to delete or block cookies from your device, by changing the preferences on your browser or device However, we cannot guarantee that our Services will fully operate should you choose not to accept cookies. For example, any preferences you may have defined on our website or application will not be saved. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but generally provide the option to view the cookies currently stored on your device, and the choice to accept, reject or delete cookies, block third party cookies, block cookies from particular sites, accept all cookies or to receive notification when a new cookie is stored. Please see your browser’s or device’s ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu to change your cookie preferences.
Aggregated and analytical information
We may use standard analytics tools. The privacy practices of these tools are subject to their own privacy policies, and they may use their own cookies to provide their service (for further information about cookies, please see the “Cookies” section in this policy).
We use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information and may share it with our partners for legitimate business purposes. It has no effect on your privacy, because there is no reasonable way to extract data from the aggregated information that can be associated with you.
Third Party Sites/cookies
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We do not disclose or share your personal information with other people or companies except to provide the Services, products or other services you’ve requested, or under the following circumstances:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share your information with service providers who process data on our behalf in order to operate and improve the features and functionality of the Services; complete your payment transactions; fulfill your product or service requests, including sales, delivery and support requests; and help us communicate with you as described elsewhere in this policy; these providers are subject to strict data protection requirements.
Entities we share your information with in order to provide you with the Services may include: Leanplum and One Signal.
Transfer of Information Outside Your Jurisdiction
We may store and process information in sites located throughout the world, including in sites operated and maintained by cloud based service providers. For information on our cloud service providers and sub-processors please contact our support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you use our Services on your computing device, such as by using one of our downloadable applications, content you save will be stored locally on that device. When you sync your computing device with the Services, that content will be replicated on servers we and our service providers maintain in different countries.
AS PART OF THE STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION, INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONAL INFORMATION, MAY BE TRANSFERRED ACROSS BORDERS AND FROM YOUR COUNTRY OR JURISDICTION TO OTHER COUNTRIES OR JURISDICTIONS AROUND THE WORLD. TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY UNDER EU PRIVACY LAWS AND REGULATIONS, WE WILL IMPLEMENT DATA ONWARD TRANSFER INSTRUMENTS SUCH AS APPROPRIATE DATA PROTECTION AGREEMENTS AND ADOPTION OF STRICT DATA PROTECTION PROCEDURES BY THE RECIPIENT.
You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you. You may, at any time, withdraw your consent for the collection, use and processing of your information, access, correct, request deletion, request restriction of our process of your personal information or object to the processing of your personal information, as set by applicable law. Please note that if you withdraw your consent for our use or disclosure of your personal information, or ask us to delete or restrict how we use or process your personal information, subject to applicable law, we may not be able to provide you with all of our Services and customer support or the quality of the Services may be diminished.
Please note that there may be limits to the information we can provide. For example, we may limit an individual’s access to personal information where doing so would violate others’ rights.
Following termination or deactivation of your account, we, our affiliates or service providers may retain information for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes (including your profile information) for up to 36 months or until you request for your data removal. You can request information on the data that might possibly remain in our archived records after your account has been deleted.
You may ask to transfer your personal information in accordance with your right to data portability.
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affecting you.
Information Regarding Children
We do not collect any identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If you believe that a child has provided us with personally identifiable information without the consent of his or her parent or guardian, please contact us at email@example.com.
If we become aware that a child under age 16 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will remove it.
You have the right to file complaints with a data protection supervisory authority.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified you provided us and by placing a prominent notice on our website, and require your consent if required by law, in light of the nature of the changes.
Contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.